How was RantRave selected as a Google News provider?
Each Google News provider is thoroughly reviewed by Google staff members. We submitted RantRave for consideration, and they decided that our community has some good things to say. We were very happy to be selected; many sites have been rejected.
What are the benefits of being listed on Google News?
Being listed in Google News benefits everyone. It helps the author by increasing traffic to their post, it helps RantRave by increasing our overall traffic and exposure, and it helps the reader by introducing him or her to a new place to rant and rave.
OK, how can I get my post listed in Google News?
Before your Rant or Rave is passed to Google News, it needs to meet RantRave's editorial review guidelines
. Here are a few tips for you:
- Your post must be at least three paragraphs in length. A post with more than 200 words is best.
- Don't post HTML links in the middle of your article. Ideally, you should cite your sources in the text and include links at the end of your Rant or Rave.
- A post's keyword density should be about three percent, which means that when you're writing about a person or topic, the name or topic (keyword) should be mentioned two to four times for every 100 words.
- Take a few minutes to write a good headline. Don't use ALL CAPS, please.
- Be sure to use complete sentences and correct grammar. Use the spell check too!
How is the Rant or Rave of the Day chosen?
The RantRave staff chooses the Rant and Rave of the Day based on originality and content. We don't take requests, but if you misspell your headline or don't include a picture with your Rant or Rave, it won't be chosen.
How are RantRave users ranked?
Our super-secret algorithm determines user rankings. It's far too complex for words to describe. Don't like your standing? Write better Rants and Raves!
Are there rules about using copyrighted material in a post?
: We respect the intellectual property of others, and we ask you to do the same. If you believe that your content or other work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our Copyright Agent the following information:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Website;
- Your address, telephone number, and email address;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
Our Copyright Agent for Notice of claims of copyright infringement via the Service can be reached through our contact form
How do I get a Rant or Rave about me, my business, product, service, or multi-level marketing strategy removed?
, or we, the staff, deem them inappropriate. We do not remove Rants or Raves for ideological reasons. If you feel that a post is offensive, please flag it for us.
How do I delete a post?
Leave a comment on your post, requesting it be deleted, then flag it. This will bring it to our attention.
How do I delete a comment?
You cannot delete comments. You may flag comments, and RantRave staff members will determine if they need to be removed. Feel free to tell send us details with our contact form
How do I delete my account?
After logging into your account, click “edit profile,” then “Cancel Account.”