Community GuidelinesLike every civil society, there are some basic rules at RantRave by which to abide:
- First things first, leave the profanity at the door. Don’t waste the community’s time with empty modifiers and second-rate synonyms.
- Second, pornographic material has no place here at RantRave, so please leave it out of your posts and your profile.
Failure to obey these guidelines will result in a suspension of your account. And if you see any obscenities, pornographic posts, or posts promoting intolerance toward a particular group, please flag them. Your help will only enhance the quality of the community.
While RantRave does operate as an open forum, some posts will automatically be deleted from our site:
- Rants or Raves that are obviously incorrect or misleading: this includes attempts to spread disinformation, propaganda, or to impersonate another individual or group.
- Rants or Raves that contain generalized or negative assertions about any race, religion, nation, creed, class, ethnic group, or sexual orientation.
- Rants or Raves that advocate for the elimination of a specific race, religion, nation, creed, class, ethnic group, or sexual orientation, or that link to websites that advocate the same.
- Pornographic or unnecessarily violent content.
Some Additional Guidelines:
Don’t plagiarize. When you find an article written by someone else, copy its text, and paste it onto RantRave, you’re stealing. We’re interested in your original content. It’s OK to quote from another source, but please cite it.
Don’t flood RantRave with a lot of posts in a short period of time. When you do this, you dominate a shared resource – the “new post” list. No one likes it.
Don't drink the Haterade.
When you debate, address a Rant or Rave’s content and not the writer. Challenge process and principle, not the person.
Comment instead of re-posting.
Good comment threads are the key to a thriving community. Post a comment as opposed to writing your own Rant or Rave (unless you can offer an entirely different, interesting, or unusual take on the issue).
Give us your best.
Don’t write headlines in ALL CAPS. It makes you look like a crazy person. Write descriptive headlines that describe your post, rather than a vague idea, like "My Pet Peeve."
Be nice to the new guy.
Be welcoming of new writers. If you’re a veteran, offer constructive feedback. Don’t mock someone because they don’t know RantRave’s customs.
Simply put, RantRave is a place for promoting businesses and services as well as for sharing ideas and opinions. If we all play by these very sensible rules, there is no reason why RantRave can’t be a helpful and beneficial tool to meet our needs, whatever they may be.
If these rules seem fair to you, then sign up and start ranting and raving!